Monday, April 27, 2009

Been A Fan Since This


To show you the power of technology. I seen this video on MTV on a random high/late night ride of channel surfing. The visual was a total contrast of the music. I was immediately taken back by it. A day later I looked the video up on youtube. Watched it waaay too many times. The song reminded me how "dope" I was once I digested the lyrics. T-Phips hitem on myspace and he responded. I saw he was reachable so I shot a message. He hollered back. Long story short he was writing to my beats within 3 days of ever even knowing he existed. All this lead to a spot on the 'DOPE' ep (Radio ft. Irie Li & Curren$y). God willing I make the fresh joint. Can you imagine seeing Nas "It aint hard to tell" video and have him recording to your ish within days. Im still taken back by the whole experience man. On top of it all Tab's a down to earth brother with mega high ambitions. The homey just be making it happen. And it can never be overstated that he is totally INDEPENDENT! Definitely one of my favorite artists and people I know. So yall check for that "FRESH" coming soon. Go back and cop tht "Fly Guys Theme" & "Dope" on iTunes a.s.a.p. And if you got 'diggin' skills, let me see you grab that "Bonney & Carter".
-Phips

No comments: